Monday, April 11, 2016

RA can go suck it

I cannot begin to explain the agony I've been in since Friday. My right ankle has been throbbing and swollen. I could not sleep last night. I can hardly put weight on my foot. I actually caved and went to buy a cane at the local drugstore just so I can get up in the middle of the night or when I've been at my computer for a long period of time. (Writing, returning emails, etc)

Last night, I had to do this strange little scoot with my better foot so I could keep weight off my hurting one. I came close to crying out and actually woke up my boyfriend. I felt bad because it was about 3 in the morning and he gets up around 4 to get stuff ready for work.

The weather has been a big factor. It's been cold, even some snow. And, today, even though it warmed up a little, it's damp and raining. So, today was the worst. Now, the Chinese food I had for dinner with my dad is certainly going to make this worse. But, I am going to make myself a giant mug of tea, prop my foot on a pile of pillows, and spend the evening on the bed. I have my newly printed manuscript waiting to be edited and it's Dancing with the Stars night!

So, I guess, despite the pain, not a bad way to spend a Monday night.

I just hope I can make it through the rest of the week. I have 34 days until my first vacation week.

I'm just sick and tired of being sick and tired! Joe asked me yesterday what will happen when I get pregnant eventually? I will have to ask my doctor about that someday soon, as we're talking about a wedding in 2017 and, likely, babies shortly after. All the more reason to work on my writing so I can quit my day job. Maybe, if I'm not on my feet all day, it'll help me feel better. *shrug*

Anyway, I better go make that tea.

Have a good night,
Carey

https://www.facebook.com/nerdwritergirl/
https://twitter.com/nerdwritergirl
https://www.patreon.com/nerdwritergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment