Friday, April 22, 2016

30 Day Challenge Day 2

Day 2- "How has your illness affected your life?"

I get through. Yeah, there are days when I want to curl up in a ball and cry in bed all day. Or, just cut my legs off at the knee... But, it's starting to slowly attack my hands and wrists, too. And, I can't cut those off because I'm a writer and need my hands to do that work. It's a struggle some days to get out of bed. Even to go across the hall to the bathroom some nights when my foot hurts.

I do have to take many things into consideration, though. I definitely have it better than some. That doesn't stop me from crying myself to sleep some nights. You can only be strong for so long before you have to break down. I also know I'm not alone in this battle. Along with my friends and family who know my struggle, I am on several Facebook support groups. Many people are my age, so I don't feel like I'm the only 31 year old woman who feels like she's 301.

Work is the biggest struggle. I'm on my feet all day and I come home exhausted. I had a time where I'd come home with the intent to write but I just go to sleep. So, I'm trying to get up before work so I can write/edit/film/whatever. I'm not a morning person so it's not easy but my guy helps motivate me and makes coffee so that helps.

As I keep saying, you just have to take these things one day at a time. There will never be that old sense of "normal" ever again. So you have to find a new normal. Some days will be okay, some days you cry yourself to sleep. Make the best of what you have and it helps a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment