Sunday, April 24, 2016

30 Day Challenge Day 4

Day 4- How have your friends and family reacted to it?

I've been lucky. Most of my family and my friends have been really supportive. I hear so many stories from people on the support groups about spouses that won't touch them and siblings that get mad and think they're making up what they go through. And, my heart just goes out to them.

I think part of it is because I struggle with that fake "I'm okay" mask. And, they can tell it's an act because I've done that my whole life. I could be pushing myself to near exhaustion with school, work, whatever else I'm involved in, but I still put on that smile and say I'm fine until I actually fall over on my face. It's that stubbornness that runs in my family. I can't help it. It's in my blood.

Only people I've had issue with has been people at work. Well... a person at work more recently. There have been a few bosses that wouldn't take me seriously. Would wonder why I wanted to go home early but they just shook their heads and let me. One person wouldn't shut her mouth. Ever know someone who was a passive aggressive bitch? That's her. Usually, you see these people in high school so that fact that she's an adult is just sad. She'll make comments to other people just within earshot of me. And, yes, I take it to heart. Because she does it to other people, too. She's always got this snarky tone in her voice and, I guess people think that's how she is and just how she talks. But, when directed a certain way, it's crosses the line from joking to mean.

I've told my boss about it and she claims to have spoken to this woman so we'll see. But, I can't complain too much if she's my only visible issue, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment