Thursday, April 21, 2016

30 Day Prompt Challenge 1

I found this prompt list on Pinterest and decided to try it just to keep me writing in this blog. I might not post every day but I will get through all the prompts. I can tell some of these will be pretty brief entries.

Day 1- "Introduce yourself. What illnesses do you have? How long have you had them?"

Hi,
For those just discovering this blog, I'm Carey. I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis when I was about 26. I probably had it longer because I started having issues at about 23 or 24.

I also have an under active thyroid. I don't think that's considered a chronic illness but it is a pain in the rear because it makes it hard to lose weight. That started when I was 13 or 14. So, my struggle with my weight and slower metabolism increases the load on my poor arthritic knees. But, I still drag myself out of bed each day and keep going.


No comments:

Post a Comment