Friday, February 12, 2016

No More Soda Pop

I've done this before and lasted about a month. I'm trying again with giving up soda pop. (In Ohio, we just call it pop) I am a cherry Pepsi addict. It's ridiculous. I would drink sometimes 2-3 20 oz bottles a day. So, since Wednesday began Lent, I figured this was a good time to start again. This is day 3 and so far I'm doing okay.

I've been finding other things to drink. There's coffee in the Keurig to keep off the caffeine withdrawal headaches. Fortunately, my roommates also like the occasional chocolate milk so I picked up a gallon of that. There is also this sparkling flavored water that I love called Ice. It doesn't have any sugar and no artificial sweeteners so when I want something sweet and fizzy I drink that. It's only good when it's really cold.

I think this will help me a lot. I gained those 9 lbs back already that I had lost. The pop wasn't helping that, I know. My goal is to give it up beyond Lent and see how well I do. I'm hoping this will help me lose the weight I need to feel better and maybe get my RA into remission. I take my medicine and I try to eat right but it's not enough. I'm going to my doctor next week and I know she'll approve of what I'm doing.

It'll take time to reflect on the scale. It's sad how it is nothing to gain weight but it takes forever to lose it. I'll keep you all posted on my progress and let you know what my doctor say next week! I'm off to get ready for my date with my boyfriend. We're going to go see Pride, Prejudice and Zombies tonight. Happy Valentine's Day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment