Saturday, January 23, 2016

Swimming and RA

I got a rec center pass and started swimming whenever I can. I've gone 3 times already. Once before work and I was so sore! I only was in the pool for about 30 minutes but then I worked 8 hours. And I hadn't been to the pool for 2 years so I was feeling it. Then, Wednesday and Friday I went after work. Thought of going today but I need to stay home and get some writing and laundry done. I work late tomorrow so I want to rest up.

I'll gradually increase the amount of time I spend in the pool. I'm starting out with 20/30 minutes, depending on how tired I am. Especially after work. I get so tried that the laps wear me out quickly. My rec center also has limited pool hours right now. So, any water aerobics classes are out of the question right now until they get a full staff to run those classes.

Also, I dug out my scale and am starting to weigh myself regularly. I won't give numbers but I will say if I've lost or gained. For the longest time, I seemed to have plateaued. I couldn't get under this one number. But, then, after not touching the scale for months, I weighed myself Thursday and I'm down 9 lbs! So happy about this! It's my goal to get down one size before my sister's wedding in October. So, I have 8 months. And then another size by my birthday the following year. And then I can dance the night away and not lay in bed the next day crying from pain.

I plan to go nearly every day this week, either before work or after depending on my schedule. And Thursday is weigh-in day #2!

No comments:

Post a Comment