Friday, September 9, 2016

First Workout After Cortisone Shot

So, one thing that got to me on Tuesday, as if sticking a giant needle in my knee wasn't bad enough, was the doctor giving me a nice long lecture about my weight and how every pound extra causes 7 pounds of pressure on your body and that's probably a huge part of my problem.

What I couldn't say to him was that I had lost about 15 pounds between March and July because I was going to the gym at least once a week. But, when this severe pain began, I couldn't walk so I couldn't go to the gym and guess what? I gained it all back. So, since this cortisone, so far, seems to be helping, I went back to the gym today. I brought my clothes with me to go right after work and did some upper body and ab work. I lasted about 25 minutes before my knee started to throb. Although, since it's been almost 6 weeks since I've done any regular exercise, I take that as a pretty good start.

So, tomorrow I work until 8:00 and I'm going to try again. Sunday I have the day off and my fiancé and I are going to visit my parents. My cousins are coming over and so is my friend, Kate, because she's going to dog sit for my sister's wedding. My mom wants her to meet the pups at least once before the day. And, since that day is 22 days away, we have to get on that.

I plan on going to the gym on Monday and Wednesday and Friday, too, as well as the pool on Tuesday because I'm off a lot earlier. Since my rec center also has a weight room, I might take my iPod and do that first and then use the pool as a cool off time. Thursday I'm planning on some much needed best friend time.

Saturday we're doing some sort of combined Bachelor/Bachelorette party with my sister's friends so that will be fun.

Nice thing is, I work 1 full week and then 2 or 3 days and I have over a week and a half off! Vacation time! And, by vacation time, I mean running around like a crazy person time helping with last minute prep for above mentioned wedding.

I hope this shot lasts me through the wedding stuff because I would like to get on the dance floor a little. Although, I know I'll be lying in bed the next day crying, "Everything f***ing hurts! Whyyyy does everything f***ing hurt?" Something that will NOT happen in 2017.

Okay, I have to get back to book writing. Just wanted to do an update on this whole "Not getting surgery" stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment